Letter to my future self
It’s New Year’s Eve, 2012. That’s right, not a typo. You, Mr. Goad, are reading the words you wrote one year ago today. Remember how you sat down by the dried out Christmas tree on a cool, cloudy morning with your Captain America coffee cup? Remember how you only wrote down goals that you could control and measure?
- Achieve excellent performance rating in my job at Cisco
- Raise $4000 for MMRF from book sales
- Give 4 motivational speeches to non-profit organizations
- Feb. 15 – Reach and maintain 163 weight
- Feb. 18 – Climb La Cumbre Peak with son Evan
- Mar. 11 – Run Shamrock’n Sacramento Half Marathon under 2 hours
- May 6 – Finish Delta Century 100-mile bike ride
- Oct. 7 – Run Chicago Marathon under 5 hours with brothers Jeff and Brad
You visualized this as a day of triumph. So… how did you do? Have you been listening to your own advice?
Make a commitment.
Make it public.
Make it happen.