Top 10 ways to make running more fun
One of my friends told me he doesn’t like to run because it is boring. If you are in the same camp and find it difficult to maintain this healthy habit in your life, I humbly submit this top ten ways to make running more fun and entertaining.
Give each one a try and please report your experience in the Comments below.
10. Put a TV in front of your treadmill and watch adrenaline-inducing shows like Big Ten basketball, 24 and the Flavor of Love.
9. Sign up for a 10K, Half-Marathon or Angry Mob Fun Run and give yourself an exciting event to prepare for.
8. Set your ipod on Shuffle and run to the beat of whatever song comes up. Be sure to add the Ramones, Green Day and Blink-182 to the mix.
7. Make your goals semi-public in Facebook and invite your friends to trash-talk and motivate you.
6. Imagine you are an ancient runner on the plains of Marathon, and if you don’t warn your people in time, the invading army will destroy your city and way of life as you know it. Go nude or toga, whatever is more comfortable for you.
5. Imagine you are a ninja running across the hills of China, and if you don’t warn your people in time, the invading Huns will destroy the Forbidden City and your way of life as you know it. Ninjas only wear black.
4. You know that pile of business and self-development books you’ve been meaning to get to? Buy them on iTunes and listen while you run.
3. Read the book Chi-Running and save your knees like I did.
2. Buy some Body Glide anti-friction balm and use it wherever you need it. Not really fun, but it prevents pain that will ruin your fun. Just keepin’ it real.
And the #1 way to make running more fun is…
1. Run barefoot on a beach in a red speedo. Really, try it.